Great Start Readiness Program
The Washtenaw Coordinated Funders are a collaboration of the Office of Community Development (representing the City of Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, and Washtenaw Urban County), the United Way of Washtenaw County, the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation, St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor and the RNR Foundation.
The Washtenaw Coordinated Funders seek to better coordinate our funding of human service programs in Washtenaw County around shared priorities. This effort involves better sharing of information among us, closer work with local nonprofits to establish common community goals, and increased cooperation in our funding decisions.
Food Gatherers exists to alleviate hunger and eliminate its causes in our community.
With over 70,000 meals served each year at Foundations Preschool, we rely on the healthy food we get from Food Gathers to feed our children.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church has helped Foundations Preschool School in numerous ways:
- Growing fresh produce during the summer months and bringing them to Foundations Preschool for our families
- Providing gift cards during the holidays to help parents purchase gifts for their children (a part of our Parent Empowerment Program)
- Donating Thanksgiving dinner items for family home use
- Spring Food Drive for families
- Hosting a Christmas party at the church for our families to attend – visit with Santa included!
- Other volunteer activities as needed
United Way of Washtenaw County
The United Way of Washtenaw County has been working to improve the lives of families in our community since 1922. Through designated UW contributions from the community and the role of United Way as funders through Coordinated Funding (see above), United Way provides critical funding for our vital programs.
Various local businesses, community members and local foundations provide much needed support through on-site volunteering, grants and donations. Thank you!